JWSD Dance Recitals
Sunday June 2nd, 2019 @ Weiss HS PAC
5201 Wolf Pack Dr, Pflugerville, TX 78660
Dance Recital times:
JWSD Windsor Park location Sunday June 2nd at 2:30pm
(dancer arrival time 2pm)
JWSD Dance Arts North location Sunday June 2nd at 4:30pm
(dancer arrival time 4pm)
A dance recital is a really special event and takes a lot of preparation and planning!
The Required Dress Rehearsal is on Saturday, June 1st, 2019.
times TBA between 10am-4pm
Classes that participate in the recital will learn a routine, order a recital costume, and work together as a team. Their teacher will measure students during class in November and costume orders will be placed by January 10th, 2019.
This year there will be one fee to cover all recital expenses due December 1st, 2018. This fee will cover your dancer’s costume with accessories, a recital t-shirt, and a professional digital recording of the performance. In addition, it covers the rental fees for the Performing Arts Center and pays the staff for both days of work.
Recital fee $150
Recital fee 2nd dancer in a family $125
Recital fee 3rd dancer in a family $100
For dancers who enrolled at JWSD Dance during the month of January or early February 2019
The Recital fee is due on February 15th, 2019 ($150)
If you have joined JWSD in January of 2019 we will be placing a second order for costumes February 20th, 2019.
Payment: If you are on auto-pay we will process your payment on February 15th, 2019
Additional payment options:
pay through the parent portal anytime between January 1st - February 15th of 2019
click here to access that link:
This year our Recital will be at Weiss High School Performing Arts Center in Pflugerville. It is a wonderful theater. Feel free to invite family and friends to see the show! There is not an admission fee. We will have one show for our JWSD Windsor Park Location and one show for our JWSD Dance Arts North Location to ensure that we have plenty of seating and the shows will be about 60 minutes each.
Five Important things you need to know:
1. Due to the bright lighting in a theater, dancers will use stage makeup.
2. Although most members of a class choose to participate in the dance recital, it is not required. If you do opt out of the recital we recommend ordering your dancer a recital costume ($65) for your dancer so that they can fully participate in class during the month of May as we will schedule some fittings and "in class" dress rehearsals.
3. If you do choose to participate, a dance recital is a commitment; each performing class is a team.
4. The required Dress Rehearsal is mandatory and every dancer must attend to perform in the dance recital, without exception.
5. A cover-up over the dance recital costume must be worn upon arrival and departure from the venue at both the Dress Rehearsal and Recital.
Classes that do not participate in the recital are:
Technique only classes
Classes age 11-38 months
Classes age 2
Classes age 2-3
Classes age 3-4
Classes age 3.5-5
If you are unsure whether your child’s class will be in the recital, ask their teacher.