JWSD DANCE RECITAL 2019 INFORMATION
The JWSD Dance Recital 2019 will be held on Sunday, June 2nd, 2019, with the required Dress Rehearsal on Saturday, June 1st,, 2019.
A dance recital is a really special event and takes a lot of preparation and planning!
Classes that participate in the recital will learn a routine, order a recital costume, and work together as a team. Their teacher will measure students during class in December and costume orders will be placed by December 28th, 2018.
This year there will be one fee to cover all recital expenses. It will be $150 per dancer, due by December 1st, 2018. This fee will cover your dancer’s costume with accessories, a recital t-shirt, and a professional digital recording of the performance. In addition, it covers the rental fees for the Performing Arts Center and pays the staff for both days of work.
This year our Recital will be at a beautiful Performing Arts Center in Pflugerville. More details will be coming soon about the venue. It is a wonderful theater.
Five Important things you need to know:
1. Due to the bright lighting in a theater, dancers will use stage makeup.
2. Although most members of a class choose to participate in the dance recital, it is not required.
3. If you do choose to participate, a dance recital is a commitment; each performing class is a team that depends on each other.
4. The required Dress Rehearsal is mandatory and every dancer must attend to perform in the dance recital, without exception.
5. A cover-up over the dance recital costume must be worn upon arrival and departure from the venue at both the Dress Rehearsal and Recital.
Classes that do not participate in the recital are:
Technique only classes
Classes age 11-38 months
Classes age 2
Classes age 2-3
Classes age 3-4
Classes age 3.5-5
If you are unsure whether your child’s class
will be in the recital, ask their teacher.