Dance Recital 2018 Information
Recital 2018 Information:
The JWSD Dance Recital "Summer Vacation" is June 16th, 2018 from 11:00am-12:30pm at Life Austin Amphitheater. Recital arrival time for performers Saturday June 16th is at 10:30am
Life Austin Amphitheater is located at 8901 Highway 71 West Austin Texas 78735
The required dress rehearsal is Friday June 15th, 2018 at Life Austin Amphitheater. All dancers performing in the recital on Saturday June 16th are required be at the dress rehearsal. It is the only required practice of the year and there are no exceptions. Please check you hard copy note for your dancer's specific dance routine and rehearsal arrival time.
- There is no admission charge for the dress rehearsal or the dance recital and feel free to invite guests to attend. The $50 performance fee per dancer or $90 per family fee (for families with more than on performer) helps to pay for the rental of the facility and staff for the dress rehearsal and recital and is due May 1st 2018.
- Dress Rehearsal: Upon arrival performers will check-in and be escorted to their designated seating by older dancers and dance teachers.
- Class parent volunteers will sit with the dance class in their assigned seating. The class parent volunteer must be the same person for both the dress rehearsal and recital as the dress rehearsal is the preparation for the recital to provide consistency for our dancers.
- We will not require stage make-up this year. Because our recital takes place at an outdoor amphitheater in the month of June and venue is not a traditional stage experience with bright lights we will not require the use of stage make-up this year.
- Cover-up policy: All performers are required to wear a cover up over the costumes at all times except while performing. Cover-ups are important for many reasons and they protect the costumes from dirt and damage. An oversized button up or zip-up shirt work well.
- Label everything with your dancer’s first and last name.
- Hair for the dress rehearsal and recital should be pulled back neatly away from the face with gel, hairspray and bobby pins.
- Costumes should not be worn before the recital with the exception of the dress rehearsals and need to be hung up immediately and kept safe.
- Underwear is simply not worn with costumes, tights or dance-wear. (similar to a bathing suit)
- Video and photography are allowed at dress rehearsal. Please be respectful of other audience members and do not block the isles or obstruct the view of others. No video or photographs are allowed during the recital. Videos of the recital will be available for purchase.
- Recital T-shirts and DVDS: T-shirts are $15 and DVD’s are $35 and can be ordered beginning May 1st, 2018 on the JWSD website at jwsd.net.
- Flowers and Trophies will be sold by Body Talk Dance Company at the Dance Recital 2018 as a fundraiser. For simplicity this will be cash sales.
- Other important information: Be sure performers wear their costume and accessories to the dress rehearsal and the recital and arrive and depart in a cover-up with outside shoes. Be sure to bring the required dance shoes in a large labeled zip-lock bag. Performers should also bring a labeled water-bottle with a sip lid. If someone forgets an accessory the entire class must remove that accessory so it is important to be organized for the team. We also ask that dancers do not bring extra items as they may get lost. Arrive 30 minutes prior to your rehearsal and recital times in full costume with hair complete. A cover-up is needed upon arrival and departure from the facility. For the dress rehearsal your dancer will be dismissed after their class has finished rehearsing. For the recital all dancers will be dismissed after the end of the show.